My friends all call me the cookie monster! And I can’t deny it, it’s the truth! Cookies are my passion so needless to say, I’ve tried a lot of cookies! But I’ve never came across a recipe quite like this one. Brown Butter Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies are hands down the best creation on this planet!! With the perfect soft inside and sweet powdered sugar coating on the outside, it is heavenly!
- 10 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 10 tbs of butter in a saucepan. It should boil a bit and turn a nice golden color. If you boil it for too long, it may burn so be careful! Then let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt.
- For our wet ingredients, we need to add 1 cup of sugar plus 1/4 cup brown sugar to a stand mixer bowl. Pour in the cooled butter. Use the paddle attachment on the mixer. Mix on medium speed to combine. Then add the 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix just enough until it is smooth and liquidy.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients (flour mixture) to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed. Keep going until you have added all the flour. Note: You may have to use your hands to make sure all the flour is incorporated.
- If your dough is too soft and sticky, use more flour to get the right consistency for the dough. It shouldn’t stick to your hands but it also shouldn’t be too dry!
- Roll into balls as big as you want-no limits!
- In a bowl of powdered sugar, roll each ball until it is covered. Place onto parchment paper.
- Bake 9-12 minutes and eat it while it’s warm! Oh, and don’t forget a glass of cold milk! 😍
Get directions for the original recipe right here.
Thanks so much for reading! This really is a great recipe for the colder months! I wonder how it would taste with a little pumpkin spice added to it??
Enjoy and as always, Stay Chic, Neat and Sweet!