Hi everyone! I’m back with a recipe post. It’s been a while since the last one so I hope y’all are excited! This is a traditional sweet drink recipe from India called Badam Milk. Badam translates to Almonds in English.
The procedure to make it requires blanched almonds and then grinding them into a fine powder. You can use almond powder in warm milk or put a scoop of it into protein smoothies! After all it is a protein powder!
Almonds are very healthy. That’s all I know and all I need to know to make me drink it! But if you want more facts about it here you go:
- great source of protein
- contains vitamin E which is shown to reduce risk of cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s
- healthy unsaturated fats
- reduces hunger
- promotes weight loss
- reduces cholesterol
You will need:
- 1 cup of almonds
- 3/4 cup of rock sugar or plain sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamon powder
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- saffron – optional
- Roast almonds for 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to over roast!
- Then boil water in a wide pan. When the water is bubbling, add in the roasted almonds.
- After 3-5 minutes, you can see the skin of the almonds will look soft and wrinkly. Remove from the pan!
- Drain the almonds and rinse with water. Dry them completely on a towel or tissues.
- Now, remove the skin of the almonds. It should just pop right out if you boiled it well.
- Then spread out the almonds and let them dry. **We don’t want to feel any water or moisture on the almonds**
- Quickly, heat the almonds in a pan to dry it completely. In the first picture the almonds look shiny. The raosted almonds will look dry.
- Lastly, put the almonds, sugar, cardamon powder and safforn in a food processor to grind it into a powder!
***Don’t grind/blend for more than 30 seconds at a time! This will cause the almonds to release their oil!
Done! Store the powder in a airtight container and enjoy!
There you have it! If you try it out let me know! If you like recipe posts and want to see more, be sure to like this post!
As always, stay Chic Neat and Sweet!
2 thoughts on “Energizing Almond Protein Powder”
It’s also beneficial for increasing memory.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Very true! Thanks for sharing!
LikeLiked by 1 person