Confidence is great! It helps you believe in yourself and what you can do. But it’s not something that comes easy to everyone. Trust me, I’ve been there. This is why I have put together some tips and advice so you too can be confident.
- Write down when you don’t feel confident and why. Try to make a list and then evaluate. What did you find out? Did you feel not confident when you had a big test to take or any school related activities?
- Know who you are. Think about your core values and question your thinking. Knowing this, you can start to uncover who you are. What is your purpose? Why do you wake up every morning?
- Once you’ve thought about who you are, change the way you think about yourself. How do you view yourself? Fat? Thin? Ugly? Dumb? STOP! If you want to improve your self confidence, then you have to STOP being a jerk to yourself. This is only going to lower your confidence. Instead, each morning and night, say at least one positive thing about yourself. Example: “I am beautiful” or “I am funny”. Sooner or later, you will start to believe yourself.
- Looking back at the list you made, start to think how can you grow your confidence by taking action. Taking the situation from above, you could say that you will make sure to study weeks from before instead of the night before. Or if you don’t feel confident around your peers during school, you could wear clothing that makes you feel good about yourself. Whatever it may be, do something about it! Dwelling just makes it worse.
- Don’t think about others opinions. If you wore striped pajamas to school and you think it looks trendy, then that’s all that matters. Don’t pay attention to anyone. You don’t need their opinion. Smile big and carry on. People will be in awe of your radiating confidence.
- But being confident doesn’t mean being rude to others. Have you noticed in a school setting that popular girls are oozing with self confidence? Sometimes being too confident isn’t a good thing. Be and kind to humble everyone.
I hope these tips are helpful! If you have any advice, feel free to comment about it in the comment section. Thanks for reading!