Hey everyone! It’s been a slow month for me and the July heat is not helping to say the least. I spend a lot of time at home during the summer so needless to say it gets a little boring.
While at first this seemed like the end of the world, I realized that it’s the perfect opportunity to be creative in finding ways to spend time alone and also to keep myself from becoming lazy!
Surprisingly, being alone is actually good for you and has many benefits. Spending time with yourself can increase feelings of confidence and self reflection in oneself. Most commonly, people have an increase in creativity and spiritual growth. When you are alone, it is great to recharge and is helpful in improving relationships with people because you aren’t burned out with always being in social situations.
If you also have felt bored and out of ideas of how to spend your time, here are 10 ways you can spend your time alone:
- Spend time in nature.
- Reflect on where you are in life and where you want to go.
- Take care of your mind, body and soul.
- Watch or read inspirational people.
- Revisit your goals and create action steps to achieve them or add new goals that align with your life.
- Declutter your environment.
- Jot down any thoughts or events going on in your life in a journal or even on your phone. It’s fun to revisit these notes in a few months!
- Think about the ideal way you would spend your day and take action towards it. Would you be starting your own business? Starting a fitness plan? What would the perfect day look like for you?
- Cook a meal or bake some desserts just for you! Be extra fancy and use the best ingredients or bake an extra chocolatey brownie to satisfy your cravings.
- Make your time alone special by treating yourself with a self care routine to help relax and recharge your mind.
Hopefully this post was helpful for you all! Spending time with yourself is in fact important to recharge, reflect and reenergize yourself!
Until next time, stay Chic Neat and Sweet!