Overspending is a problem for me and almost everyone else I have talked to! Whether it is clothes, shoes, jewelry or food, I just always seem to buy more things than I need- especially makeup. I mean is it really necessary to have 5 lip glosses in the same shade of pink? Logically, no. But it’s so tempting!
While it is hard to stop yourself from buying every single new product at Sephora, it’s helpful to know when you should save and when you should splurge on makeup!
Here are the products I would recommend to save your money and the products that are worth spending a little more money on!
This is a must have for some, but for others it’s not necessary. Primer is key to have a flawless base. People with larger pores or oily skin love to use primer. So if you do have those issues, Primer is a product that you can SPLURGE on!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer $39.00
- Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer $32.00
Concealer is a product that you should SAVE on! The drugstores have such good concealers now that it really doesn’t make sense to spend over $20 for one! There are countless reviews on drugstore concealers beating their higher priced dupes!
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer $8.99
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer $5.99
Okay, for foundation I really think it is 50/50.
IF you are someone who wears foundation daily, you should SPLURGE. IF you are the type of person who doesn’t wear it as often, SAVE your money!!
- L’Oreal Paris Pro-Matte Foundation $12.99
- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation $47.00
SPLURGE hands down! If you buy a high quality palette just once you are set for a lifetime! Eyeshadow lasts forever so when you purchase a palette do so smartly. Buying drugstore eyeshadows is a waste of money because it just isn’t the same color payoff and quality as a higher priced one!
- LORAC Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette $42.00
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Palettes $42.00
SAVE you money! I honestly feel like there isn’t much of a difference when it comes to mascara!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara $8.99
- Loreal Voluminous Lash Paradise $6.49
Highlighter is a product that you should SAVE on! I really like the Wet n Wild Highlighters because they have a really great payoff! As for blush, if you don’t wear it often, SAVE! Bronzer is something I would SAVE on, but if it is your jam then splurge!
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer $4.99
- Milani Baked Blush $7.99
- Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter $7.99
I really like drugstore lipsticks! So I would say to SAVE your money! While you could spend over $20 for one high-end lip product, I would rather buy 2-3 durgstore lipsticks in the same amount of money!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes Lipstick $6.00
- Milani Amore Mattes Lip Creme $8.00
These are just my suggestions and I understand that everyone is different. What works for one may not work for others! Let me know what makeup products you save or splurge on. Thank you all for reading!
As always, stay Chic Neat and Sweet!
“Happiness is the best makeup.” – Drew Barrymore
Let’s Be Friends!