Today Chic Neat Sweet officially turns one year old! We (Aditi and Dani) are so excited and proud of all that we have done to get CNS up and going since March 29, 2017. This must mean we can officially call ourselves bloggers…right?! Creating, and maintaining a blog can be a lot of work, and even stressful at times, but we wouldn’t trade those late nights and technical difficulties for anything. We have worked endlessly at editing, changing, and even challenging ourselves to create the best possible way for our blog to run and look. Just because it has been a year doesn’t mean we are going to slow down, in fact, we have so many more ideas, that we can’t wait to start.
As we are sure, all other bloggers can understand, blogging is life-changing. We have learned so much not only about design, writing, and photography, but also about ourselves! So on this very special day, we are going to share with you our tips for blogging. Let us know if you can relate to any of these or find any helpful!
- Choose your focus. Remember to blog about your passions! One other thing is to make sure and draw readers in by including a WIFFY. (What’s In It For Me?) This gives someone a reason to click on your post.
- Don’t be afraid to try out new things. Mistakes are going to happen! But that’s how we learned and it made our content better.
- Commenting on other blogs. Share the love and let other bloggers who blog about similar topics know what you think of their posts! Commenting also helps build blog relationships and helps to get your blog out there in the community. We have talked and learned so much from other bloggers, it is amazing to connect with them.
- Starting slow! Figure out a schedule that works for you. Although many people recommend blogging as often as possible, it’s not realistic for us all. Sometimes one schedule can work one week but not the next- so maybe just commit to one post a week and not specify a day! If this is your first time at CNS, we post every Monday and Thursday.
- Research! There’s a lot to learn about blogging so when we ran into a problem or needed help, Google (and Pinterest) was our best friend! There are a ton of articles and websites dedicated to blogging so soak up the knowledge! You can even ask other bloggers, sometimes they may have found an app or technique that could be so beneficial.
- Start using at least one Social Media Platform. We didn’t start using Instagram and Twitter from day one. But looking back, it would be beneficial to make an account. It’s great because it gets more traffic to your blog as well. Make sure to follow people who have the same niche as you do and use a lot of hashtags!
- Just start! Wanna know a secret? We didn’t actually start our blog until months of editing and perfecting. We wanted every little detail to be 100% when we hit that publish button- but the truth is, you just need to start. Blogging is one of those things where you learn as you go.
- Make sure to be real with your readers. As you write your posts, it should feel like you are talking out loud to your audience. Give your work a personal touch, with your voice and vibe. Don’t lie to your readers either. If you are going to share your morning routine, share your REAL morning routine. The best blogs are the ones you can relate to, and if you are honest chances are it’s relatable.
- Don’t forget to have fun with blogging! Honestly blogging is the one thing we can always look forward to! We love trying new techniques, writing about what we love, sharing and connecting with others, and most of all having a great time while we do all of the daily to-dos. Such as getting together to try out a new recipe or practice photography techniques.
There are your 9 tips! Can you relate to any? We are so excited to have been on this blogging journey for a year now! Thank you to all of the members of our CNS family, for following along, sharing their experience, and making this a positive corner on the internet. This blog has opened so many doors for us, and we hope that it can help you in one way or another!
As always, don’t forget to stay Chic Neat and Sweet!
Aditi and Dani