Hey everyone! Money or in other words, bucks, green stuff, moolah, cash is something that we can’t have enough of. So, when the budget is tight, we turn to ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner (or so I’ve heard…maybe that’s a bit too extreme!). To make life easier, I’ve gathered some of my favorite money saving hacks to keep me away from noodles all day, every day. Read on to learn more….
- Think twice before you buy. Label it as a need or a want. Whenever I go out, I always like to think ahead. Ask yourself “What do I really need?” Remember to not impulse buy!
- Little things add up. Having lunch out everyday may not seem like a big deal, but if you multiply $8 by five days of the week, it comes to be $40 total! In a month, that’s $160!
- Coin jar. These are great especially if you use cash often. The change can get annoying, so instead, use a coin jar to keep the extra change. In one month alone, I saved more than $100 just in change!
- Plastic or Paper? In other words, Credit card or cash? I like to use cash whenever I go out for groceries or shopping because it makes you think twice before spending your hard earned cash. It’s a psychological trick to help keep you from spending too much which seriously helps!
- Use a monthly budget. Set a limit on how much you want to spend for clothes, food, gas, etc. There are many budget planners online that you can print out. Make sure you post it somewhere you can see it everyday to remind you.
- Emergency Cash. It’s important to have extra money in case something happens. If you set aside just $10 per month, at the end of the year you would save $1,200!
Thanks for reading! Comment and tell us how you save money! Also, we just got our twitter account up and going, so make sure to follow us there @chicneatsweet !
And as always, don’t forget to stay Chic Neat and Sweet!