Happy Wednesday everyone! We are in full holiday mode, with just 5 days till Christmas! One of my favorite things about the holidays, is that we get time off from school/work so we can spend time with friends and family. Sometimes we find our selves with so much to get done, and other times we just binge watch Netflix (who can blame you)! No matter how you choose to spend your break, here are 25 ways to enjoy your time.
- Baking- Spend the day making cookies, donuts, muffins, pies, etc.
- Ice Skating/Rollerblading– No matter if you are good or not coordinated, give it a try and have some fun.
- Volunteering- Holiday’s are a time for giving. So give some of your time and help others.
- Go to a hockey game- This is a fun way to get out of the house, and spend time with everyone.
- Plan and get ready for 2018- Think of some goals your want to achieve in the coming year and create a plan to make them happen.
- Clean- Who says cleaning is only for spring? Get a head start and organize that junk drawer.
- Last minute shopping- Get all your final ‘to-dos’ out of the way before the big day!
- Make a craft/ or DIY gift- create an ornament, new decorations, or make something special for someone.
- Host a party- It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant, but this is the time of year to get everyone together and catch up.
- Exercise- The holiday treats do tend to make us feel guilty, so do a quick burn and feel at ease. Read my post 9 Apps to Keep You Healthy This Holiday here.
- Play board/card games- How often to you get to sit and play a card game? Use this time to refresh your competitive side.
- Read- Read short Christmas classics, or snuggle up and start that book you have been staring at for months.
- Drive/Walk to see Christmas lights- I love how lights seem to always put everyone in a better mood (unless they are untangling them!).
- Build a gingerbread village- Whether it is from scratch or a kit, this is always a great way to listen to holiday music and catch up with your friends and family.
- Have a spa night- Read all about the essentials you need here.
- See a play or musical- The Nutcracker is a classic but there are so many more that put you in the holiday spirit.
- Join a contest- or start your own. Whether it is best gingerbread house or best wrapped gift, I bet it would be fun.
- Drink hot cocoa– and don’t forget to add marshmallows! My favorite holiday drink is Peppermint Coffee Floats (click here to get recipe)
- Picnic in front of your tree- You put a lot of effort into your tree, so spend some time enjoying it.
- Go caroling- Make a neighbors day and sing some upbeat holiday tunes.
- Start a new family tradition- Honestly, you could pick anything from this list to start as a tradition.
- Take winter/holiday photos- Get a picture of everyone so that in 30 years you can look back and remember this Christmas.
- Holiday mani and pedi- Get those nails looking great with some holiday colors- red, green, blue, gold, white
- Build a fort- Preferably by the fire and Christmas tree! Share stories and sip hot cocoa.
- Watch the classic movies- It wouldn’t be Christmas without ELF, Christmas With The Kranks, Christmas Vacation, and so many more.
That is all 25! I hope you all find a way to enjoy the holiday season and cherish your family/friends. As always, don’t forget to stay Chic Neat and Sweet.
Do you do any of these activities? What is your favorite holiday activity?