For today, day 9 of Blogmas, I am giving you a recipe for peppermint and coffee floats. These are not your typical floats, while there is ice cream in them, there is no soda. Instead there is coffee! Now if you know me, you know how much I love coffee, but these floats can be altered to please almost everyone’s preference!
- 3 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream (or more 🙂 )
- 8 oz. of Brewed Ice Cream
- 1 Candy Cane
Scoop ice cream into your glass
- Add as much ice cream as you would like! The stronger you prefer your coffee, the less ice cream you should add.
Brew coffee and pour over ice cream
- Make your coffee as you normally do. The ice cream added enough sugar and cream for me, but if you usually like your coffee sweet, go ahead and add some sugar to it before you pour over the ice cream. Another tip is putting your coffee in the fridge so it doesn’t melt the ice cream right away. Then again if you are impatient, like me, it still tastes great!
Stick candy cane in drink
- This get’s you the peppermint flavor. You could also stick this in the ice cream before you pour the coffee so it melts faster.
That’s all to it! I love this recipe because it is the perfect sweet treat! You could make a couple of these and set them out for a holiday party or just snuggle up with this drink and binge watch Gilmore Girls! Either way, I hope you give these a try! As always, don’t forget to stay Chic Neat and Sweet!
What is your favorite sweet treat?